With the current stage of the provincial lockdown and stay at home orders the KAMHA hockey season has been put on temporary hold.
The current date of reassessing the Covid-19 stages is now February 20th and we hope that at that time we will be able to complete the remaining weeks of our 2020/2021 season.
All Minor Hockey Associations received consent from OHF last week that if possible, we can complete our season if facilities are available in our area until May 31st. The OHF also decided that no tryouts will occur this spring.
The City of Kingston and KAMHA are committed to continuing the current hockey program in our community but we will not know the outcome of the season until closer to February 20. Once we understand if our community is coming out of lockdown or if there will be continued restrictions we will determine next steps to finish our season and prepare for a Spring Hockey Session.
KAMHA is exploring the possibility with the City of Kingston to secure ice that will allow us to provide a Spring Hockey Program. How this program would look and how long it will run for will be determined by the stage that we will be in at that time. Our goal is to run normal 5 on 5 hockey (if permitted) during this Spring session.
Please be patient with us as we learn what the next couple of weeks have in store for our Association and the hockey season. We will communicate next steps with you as soon as we learn from local and provincial health authorities. Thank you for your continued commitment to safety during our hockey season and within our community.
Stay safe and healthy, support local during these trying times and we hope to see you back at the rink soon!